Innovation is tradition at FLUX

FLUX is an invention. In the year 1950 the first electric drum pump was introduced. It was named FLUX. This invention also marked the birth of a company that bore the same name. Since that time, FLUX Pumps, has grown to employ over 150 highly skilled men and women, establish seven wholly owned subsidiaries and maintain sales partnerships in over 70 countries. Headquartered in the beautiful black forest region of southern Germany, FLUX develops and sells innovative pumping solutions to many of the world's premier manufacturing companies.

2014 The world’s first brushless battery motor for pumps

Akku Motor FBM-B3100The world’s first brushless battery motor for pumps

With the FBM-B 3100, FLUX introduced the world’s first brushless battery motor for drum pumps. It functions without carbon brushes guaranteeing maintenance-free operation. It was designed for use with the CombiFLUX 3 Series sealless drum pumps offered in three different materials and 5 immersion lengths. In combination with these pumps, the motor provides a delivery rate which is extraordinary in the cordless drum pump market segment and guarantees the highest possible degree of flexibility in operation.

2003 The first brushless explosion proof drum pump motor

GeschichteFLUX introduces first brushless explosion proof drum pump motor FBM 4000 Ex.

In 2003 FLUX expanded its range of explosion-proof motors with the world’s first brushless drum pump motor, the FBM 4000 Ex. The new, virtually maintenance-free, motor with its brushless design and extended life cycle makes it especially useful for continuous duty applications. The FBM 4000 ex runs very quiet and can be used with all types of FLUX drum and container pumps.

2000 Klaus Hahn becomes new Managing Director

Herbert und Klaus HahnAfter almost 40 years as Managing Director Herbert Hahn turns business operations over to his nephew, Klaus Hahn.

On January 1, 2000 Herbert Hahn handed business operations over to his nephew, Klaus Hahn. The new Managing Director did not waste any time making his presence felt. Significant achievements include the acquisition of the Cologne-based company SONDERMANN Pumpen + Filter GmbH & Co KG, the foundation of subsidiaries in France, the Netherlands and India as well as a strategic partnership in Thailand.

1997 The world’s first explosion proof commutator motor

MO F 460 ExFLUX introduces the world’s first explosion proof commutator motor F 460 Ex built and approved to ATEX Directive 94/9/EC.

In the 1990s FLUX solidified its leadership role in drum pump technology and safety. The new 94/9/EC Directive defined the standard for the use of drum pumps in hazardous areas including the transfer of highly flammable liquids.

FLUX introduced the world’s first explosion proof commutator motor in accordance with this new directive and approved by the Institute of Meterology.

 

1994 FLUX receives ISO 9001 Certification

ISO Zertifikat_9001FLUX first in region to be ISO 9001 certified

FLUX is also a pioneer in quality management exemplified by being the first company to receive the ISO 9001 certification in the Southwest region.

1991 New flow meters with integrated microchip

MengenmesserUnveiling of the new generation of the FMC flow meters with integrated microchip

FLUX adds to its already impressive lineup of pump accessories with the introduction of the new FMC flow meter with integrated microchip. The FMC flow rate can be precisely controlled and documented during fluid transfer. Partial and total quantities are available on the new easy to read LCD display. The FMC can also be used in automatic mode for volume presets.

1991 Expansion of production facility

Erweiterung der ProduktionsflächeExpansion of production facility

In 1991, management decided to expand the production facility as existing capacities were exhausted.
A new building with nearly 10,000 sq ft provided ample space to house the tool making and injection molding departments. It also allowed FLUX to retain all of it's production in house. The high level of vertical integration has enabled FLUX to maintain the highest quality standard for all of it's products. In order to improve our production processes and product quality, FLUX continues to make significant investments in the modernization of the production facility and the latest manufacturing technologies.

1962 Herbert Hahn joins the company as Managing Director

Herbert HahnMr. Herbert Hahn joins the company as Managing Director

By the early 60's FLUX was spun out and relocated its production to the present location in Maulbronn. In March 1962, Herbert Hahn assumed the management role where he contributed significantly to the innovation and economic success of the company. Notable achievements include market access to all five continents, establishment of the company's first subsidiaries in the US and Great Britain, development of emerging markets in Eastern Europe, Russia, China and India.

1953 The foundation of FLUX and the first explosion proof drum pump

FLUX 300 ExFoundation of FLUX-GERÄTE GMBH and the world’s first explosion proof drum pump

The company FLUX-GERÄTE GMBH, founded in 1953, distinguished itself right from the beginning with products for various applications, including many special and custom products for different industries. A major milestone was the introduction of the F 300 Ex – the first explosion proof drum pump approved by the Institute of Metrology.

1950 The world’s first electric drum pump was named FLUX

PHYAG PumpeThe world’s first electric drum pump was named FLUX

In 1950 the first electric drum pump was officially registered under patent no. 967 424. It was named FLUX. Mauz & Pfeiffer GmbH & Co. KG located in Stuttgart acquired the patent for the purpose of commercialization.

1949 Establishment of a special pump technology department in Stuttgart

Fa. Maus & Pfeiffer, Stuttgart-BotnangEstablishment of a pump technology department at Progress in Stuttgart

The success story of FLUX is closely linked to the history of it's former parent, the Progress Company. In 1948, Ludwig Hahn founded Progress, the highly successful distribution arm of Mauz & Pfeiffer, a manufacturer of household appliances.

At almost the same time, in 1949, a group of students at the Technical University founded the Phyag KG in Karlsruhe. With Nikolaus Laing at the helm, their goal was to develop measurement devices for subsequent sale or licensing opportunities.