VISCOPOWER Progressive cavity pumps
Pure power for low to high viscosity media
FLUX VISCOPOWER progressive cavity pumps are suitable for pumping thin to high-viscosity fluids. The displacement pumps work with low turbulence at a constant pressure and provide for a gentle and pulsation-free operation. The VISCOPOWER progressive cavity pumps can be designed for industrial applications as well as for the pharmaceutical, food and cosmetic (Hygienic) sectors. All progressive cavity pumps VISCOPOWER are mobile and stationary, consist of only a few components and are easy and quick to dismantle.
There is a choice of versions for immersing in the material and for installing outside the container; versions with explosion protection, 3A certification and FLUX FOOD pumps (Directive (EC) 1935/2004 and FDA CFR 21 compliant). For connection of the motor there is a choice between bearing flange and gear. For pumping especially high-viscosity media there are drum emptying systems VISCOFLUX with progressive cavity pumps available.
Overview VISCOPOWER Progressive cavity pumps
FLUX Progressive cavity pumps VISCOPOWER are designed for a wide range of applications and are available in two versions:
Progressive cavity pumps VISCOPOWER
- for industrial applications and
- for pharma, food and cosmetic applications (hygienic).
Both pump types are also available in the following versions:
Progressive cavity pump in lightweigt and easy-to-handle version with planetary gear type F 570 for media up to max. 80.000 mPas.
- With two-stage gear i = 16
For use with compressed air or commutator motor as well as brushless motors.
For media up to max. 30,000 mPas
Lightweight - for mobile use
- With single-stage gear i = 7
For high-speed asynchronous motors
For media up to 80,000 mPas
Progressive cavity pump in robust version with bearing flange type F580 for media up to max. 100.000 mPas.
- For use with asynchronous motors / spur gear motors / air motors
- For media up to 100,000 mPas
- Free-wheeling ball bearing prevents pump from running in wrong direction of rotation
- For stationary use
- Available with speed sensor for indirect, contactless flow measurement
Progressive cavity pump in horizontal version TR for viscous media up to max. 100.000 mPas.
- Ideal for containers that are not accessible from above
FLUX progressive cavity pumps VISCOPOWER can also be used for the following applications:
- As drum pumps, container pumps and barell pumps with electric commutator motor or compressed air motor for pumping thin-bodied to viscous and highly viscous media up to 100,000 mPas.
- As horizontal pumps in TR version for horizontal use for containers that are not accessible from above.
- In combination with our various drum emptying systems VISCOFLUX for pumping highly viscous media from lidded drums.
What are the special features of FLUX progressive cavity pumps?
The VISCOPOWER progressive cavity pumps have been developed with a special focus on easy, intuitive and fast disassembly and cleaning of the surfaces in contact with the media. Thanks to the sophisticated design, the progressive cavity pump can be disassembled quickly and effortlessly. Seals and transitions are designed in such a way that dead spaces have either been completely eliminated or at least minimised. These features make it particularly suitable for use in the food, cosmetics or pharmaceutical industries.
A wide range of applications
A large selection of pre-configured variants is already available for the most common applications and areas of use. For specific needs, media or special applications, the pump can be customised from various modular components to meet your requirements.
Flexibly positioned for the future
Your requirements, areas of application or media could change in the future? No problem for the VISCOPOWER series! Standardised interfaces and a modular system make it possible to replace components such as screws, stators, motors and seals to make the pump fit for changing pumping requirements. to make the pump fit for changing pumping tasks.
Advantages of the VISCOPOWER progressive cavity pump:
- High delivery pressure up to 15 bar due to positive displacement principle
- High delivery rate of up to 80 l/min
- Very easy and quick cleaning
- Wide viscosity range can be covered
- Low-turbulence and gentle delivery
- Ideal for the pharmaceutical and food industry, due to low dead space construction
- Can be used vertically and horizontally
- Also with 3A certificate
- Also available as explosion-proof pumps
Functional description - How does a progressive cavity pump work?
The VISCOPOWER eccentric screw pumps belong to the rotating displacement pumps. This means that the liquid to be pumped is first fed into a pumping chamber and then displaced upwards from there. In concrete terms, this works by means of a rotating shaft in the inner pipe of the eccentric screw pump. This shaft with an eccentric screw at the lower end rotates in an oscillating manner against a stationary stator.
The helical geometry of the eccentric screw and the stator creates delivery spaces in which the corresponding medium is then displaced upwards from the lower pump inlet to the pump outlet. At FLUX, these eccentric worms are made of high-quality stainless steel and the stators of elastic elastomers (NBR white/black & FKM) and alternatively of the solid PTFE.
With progressive cavity pumps, the consistency and viscosity of the medium is also irrelevant for the flow rate, as the quantity to be pumped is only determined by the speed of the motor in combination with the pump. With a frequency converter, the flow rate can be controlled easily and precisely.
We offer the following materials for the selection of our stators to match our progressive cavity pumps:
- NBR white (acrylonitrile butadiene rubber) elastomer, max. 90°C, ideal for oils and fats - also suitable for foodstuffs.
- FKM (fluororubber) elastomer, max. 120°C, very good chemical resistance - unsuitable for food.
- PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) solid, max. 120°C, very good chemical resistance, ideal for food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic products.
For which liquids are VISCOPOWER progressive cavity pumps particularly suitable?
The VISCOPOWER progressive cavity pumps are powerful and at the same time gentle in their delivery, which is why many different liquids can be pumped with them. They are particularly suitable for the following media properties:
- solids-containing and solids-free
- low to high viscosity
- non-lubricating and lubricating
- shear sensitive
High demands are often placed on our progressive cavity pumps, also with regard to areas such as food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic products. For example, our pumps are also used in the production of food, beverages and liquid food or in the pharmaceutical and cosmetics sectors. For such environments, FLUX progressive cavity pumps are offered in special FOOD versions. They comply with all relevant regulations for hygienic pumps, are designed without dead space and can be reliably cleaned.
- Food products (e.g. tomato paste, caramel, peanut butter, mayonnaise, nut nougat cream, chocolate, fats, glycerine, concentrates from fruits and vegetables)
- Pharmaceutical & cosmetic products (e.g. Vaseline, ointments, hair and body care products, lip gloss, mascara, face masks).
One pump tube - four different options
With three different rotor geometries, the VISCOPOWER progressive cavity pumps offers the right solution for every requirement. No matter whether the max. flow rate, the delivery head or a low flow rate for more precise dosing is required, with one of the three geometries the ideal solution is already available and all this with the same pump tube diameter.
Achieves high delivery pressure at lower flow rates
Max. delivery rate: 4 GPM (15 l/min)
Theoretically similar delivery pressure as R52 with higher delivery rate
Max. delivery rate: 8 GPM (30 l/min)
Standard rotor for a balanced ratio of delivery pressure and delivery rate
Max. delivery rate: 12.5 GPM (47 l/min)
Since it is available in two versions, the VISCOPOWER F 570 and the F 580, the VISCOPOWER can be run with all kinds of motors; be it commutator motors, three-phase motors, compressed air motors or brushless motors.
F 570 with two-stage gear i = 16
Collector motors, air motors or brushless motors
For media up to 30,000 mPas
F 570 with single-stage gear i = 7
For high-speed asynchronous motors
For media up to 80,000 mPas
F 580 with motor flange
For asynchronous motors / spur gear motors
For media up to 100,000 mPas
Features and construction of VISCOPOWER progressive cavity pumps
Accessories and special equipment
Solution from a single source: FLUX offers an extensive range of accessories to complement the diverse pump range. It serves to ensure smooth and safe operation as well as to make work easier. Whether for mobile use or stationary - with the FLUX accessories, a FLUX VISCOPOWER progressive cavity pump becomes a tailor-made conveying system for every application and purpose.
- For containers: 55 gal drums, totes, IBCs, or to be used as a process pump in horizontal configuration
- Delivery rate: max. 12.5 GPM (47 l/min)*
- Delivery head: max. 145 PSIG/10 bar (open seal); 217 PSIG/15 bar (closed seal)
- Viscosity: max. 100,000 cPs*
- Motor options: electric/pneumatic
- Available certificates: ATEX/Explosion Proof*, FOOD/FDA*, 3A*
* dependent on pump model, medium and motor